Sunday, December 7, 2008

Some comments from New York audiences emailed to Mr. Fry

"... one of the most insightful, inteligent, extremely touching, beautifully acted plays I have ever seen..."
 Daisy Jopling-Concert Violinist



"... I really enjoyed They Call Me Mister Fry as both a teacher in the inner city schools and as someone tryig to make my way on life's journey.  It was moving, funny, and well written.  The acting was also superb.  I truly felt like I could see each scene unfolding before me in the first person narrative..."

Tammie E. - Teacher, New York City



Jack, "Mr. Fry"

I will certainly tell my teacher friends.  I will alsotell them how much I enjoyed it.  Not only did it make me laugh, but your performance touched that area in my heart reserved for and preserved by my students.

Sara Michaels,  Teacher, nyc


Jack,

Your show is an extremely touching and funny play with full and colorful characters that you poignantly bring to life on stage.  It is never easy to hear about kids in very difficult life situations, but through this story one can see how strongly a teacher can positively influence a child and vice versa.  I was happy I got to see your show!   I really hope you get to take this show more places.  Good luck with your future shows and let me know if you're bringing the play back to New York.

Jenny Regan, patron


Jack,

Just wanted to write to tell you how much I enjoyed your show tonight!  What an amazing, powerful story.  It made me laugh and cry.  So glad I got to see it tonight!  Yay for the fringe!

Best

Aja, actress


Jack,

I'm very glad to have met you and seen your show.  I hope your final Fringe performance was well-attended and went well, and that the play continues to be performed and seen by new audience.  I look forward to hearing of it's future progress.

Best wishes, and continued success with Mr. Fry,

Bert S. , patron


Mr. Fry,

My family and I really enjoyed your performance.  We had to bribe my 16 year old sun to visit his younger brother at camp in upstate NY by promising him a trip to the city on the way back. You gave my husband, son and me a lot to talk about.  You managed to be both funny and moving.  Thank you.

I am related to quite a few current and retired teachers (including my mother) and have a lot of respect for what you do.  It ain't easy, and I am grateful to anyone who does it well and sticks to it.

Best wishes in your teaching and performing careers.

Marjie Letzter, mother of 3


Hi Jack,

   I spoke to you in the lobby following the performance on Monday afternoon.  You may recall that I told you that I am a teacher at Community College of Rhode Island and could relate to many of the issues raised in your play, notably the demands constantly being made by people in authority who are so convinced that they know how to make the educational system better, even though they've rarely if ever stood in front of a class of students.

   I returned home from New York yesterday and was telling my mother, a retired teacher, and my sister, a high school teacher about They Call Me Mister Fry.  Once again, thank you for a moving and stimulating testimony to the positive influences of teachers in the most challenging of circumstances.

Sincerely,

Bert Silverberg, college professor

Jack,

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your work.  I am an actor and have written a one-man show as well about growing up first generation Italian-American.  I am also an arts educator and have worked in many schools for bringing arts into the curriculum.  I can relate to your process both as a performer and as an educator.  I wish you well with your show and hope it brings you much success.

All the best,
Frank Ingrasciotta
(I'm the guy who watcher your balloon sword during last night's performance)


No comments: