Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Email on show 12/06/08

Dear Mr. Fry,

Thank you so much for allowing me to see your show.  I have been teaching for 15 years, both as a permanent and substitute teacher, exclusively for LAUSD. I have be tempted to leave many times because of the excessive and damaging encroachment of politics on the field of education.  Year are year, I see teachers and students at the mercy of those who govern education.  I got into teaching initially, and have remained in teaching solely to be apart of the students' lives.  I wish to always be at the heart of their daily issues, whether it be social, academic, or personal.  I want to struggle with them and help them sort things out.   Your play gave me a renewed sense of encouragement and hope.  What I do everyday is right, and where I belong in life.  Your play confirmed that for me, yesterday.  I wish you continued success as an actor and educator.  You have certainly made good use of the talent and gifts God has given you.

Gratefully yours,

Ralph Lopez, teacher LAUSD

No comments: